Make Your Education Your Own
As a Bloch Launchpad Scholar, you can build your skills and personalize your education while taking full advantage of our location, right in the heart of a growing and dynamic business region. We are Kansas City’s Business School and our program is supported by community partners who are committed to helping you bring it all together.
Build Your Skills and Networks
Bloch Launchpad is designed to help you meet your goals and get a head start into the workplace. Here are just a few ways Bloch Launchpad will connect what you’re learning in the classroom with professional development opportunities:
- Bloch Internship Experience
- Development workshops and career fairs
- Student organizations and leadership activities
- Mentorship programs and business seminars
With your degree in hand, you’ll be ready to enter the job market and propel your professional life.
- Apply to UMKC and gain admission to study Business (BBA), or Accounting (BSA) no later than March 1st, 2020
- Application goes live on August 1st, 2019
- Submit Bloch Launchpad Application (part of the UMKC application for admission) by March 1st, 2020
- Only appears in UMKC application for those eligible based on requirements outlined below
- Submit official high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores no later than February 15th, 2020
- High School students only
- Submit official college transcript(s) no later than February 15th, 2020
- Transfer students and/or high school students with dual-credit
Request More Information
Selection to Bloch Launchpad is competitive, and only available to permanent residents of Missouri or Kansas (international students and students from other states are not eligible). The Bloch School of Management reserves the right to decline selection of any applicant, regardless of qualification. Students selected as Bloch Launchpad Scholars that are also selected to receive other Competitive UMKC Scholarships (i.e. Trustee’s Scholars), or that are part of other special scholarship programs (i.e. KC Scholars, other Bloch Family Scholarships) may have their Bloch Launchpad scholarship amount adjusted to account for the appropriate disbursement of funds as to remain in compliance with donor agreements. To ensure consideration for Bloch Launchpad, all applicants must meet the minimum ACT and/or GPA requirements, and complete all “Next Steps” requirements outlined above by the March 1st deadline. Please refer all questions to email@example.com or call (816) 235.2371.