Henry W. Bloch
School of Management

The Henry W. Bloch School of Management helps many students transfer into our programs every semester. The information on this page will help you plan ahead and prepare to enroll at Bloch.

Admissions Requirements

Transfer applicants (students with at least 24 credit hours of college-level work) can enter UMKC any semester. The Bloch School requires a 2.5 cumulative GPA on all college-level course work attempted. In determining a student’s eligibility for admission, the UMKC Office of Admissions includes all attempts on all courses in the GPA calculated. The Bloch School allows for the exclusion of up to 15 hours of repeated course work in that GPA calculation.

Official transcripts from all prior institutions must be submitted to the UMKC Office of Admissions as part of the application process. Students who completed AP, IB or CLEP credits must also have official scores sent to UMKC to be considered for credit. Information on UMKC’s test credit policy can be found on the Registration and Records website.

Applicants with less than 24 credit hours are evaluated by the UMKC Office of Admissions using freshman admission requirements and college course work attempted.

View the Transfer Orientation Presentation (PDF)

How to Transfer Credits

  1. Print out an advising sheet.
    1. Business Administration (B.B.A.) (PDF)
    2. Accounting (B.S.A.) (PDF)
  2. Get a list of course equivalencies. Below is a table of course equivalencies from Kansas City area community colleges. If you’ve received college credit from an institution other than those listed, that credit will be evaluated by a Bloch academic advisor.
    Fill in the blanks.
  3. Working with your college transcripts, an advising sheet and a course equivalency list, a Bloch School advisor will help you determine the courses you’ve taken that are equivalent to UMKC courses counting toward either our B.B.A. or B.S.A. degree programs. Make an appointment with our Recruitment department to learn more about course equivalencies.

If you have questions, please contact Bloch Undergraduate Admissions & Recruitment.

Transferring from a Local Community College

We accept transfer credits from nearby community colleges, such as:

Additional Requirements

Current UMKC students wanting to take courses outside of UMKC must have prior approval. Courses taken without permission will not be applied to your program.

For ease of transfer to UMKC, students at community colleges should follow an Associate of Arts curriculum and take only the specific business courses recommended by UMKC. If you have questions about whether a course will transfer, contact the Bloch Student Services office before enrolling in the course(s).

Please note that graduate credit must always be evaluated by an academic advisor, and is generally done after a student is admitted to a graduate program.

The information presented above explains how courses from other institutions have typically been accepted and applied to degree programs at UMKC. It does not represent a contractual agreement between UMKC and any other college or university, nor does it imply a contract between UMKC and any student.

Request More Info

AACSB Accredited NASPAA Accredited - The commission on peer review and accredidatation