November 18-19, 2021 | 8:30am-12:00pm
Being responsible for budgeting means you’re playing a vital role in your organization’s future. Your budget enables you to pinpoint critical variables that impact profit so your company can successfully pursue business goals and create value. Learn how to work with, develop, and present budgets aligned with business strategic goals.
Do you qualify for a discount? Available Discount Programs
- The opportunity to work online, in real-time, alongside a Bloch instructor and your peers
- Course materials and recordings
- Certificate of participation
What You Will Learn
In this workshop, you will learn how to work with, develop, and present budgets aligned with business strategic goals. Working in groups, you’ll gather the information you need to construct and analyze operating budgets. You’ll practice evaluating and revising your budget to increase its chances of acceptance. This is your opportunity to gain the tools and insights to craft the budget your company needs to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
- Understand the definition, purpose, and components of a budget
- Overview of the planning and budgeting process
- Accurately develop an operating budget based on forecasted sales, revenues, and costs
- Work with a well-planned budget that clearly highlights crucial variables that impact profit
- Know the line items on the income statement, including their metrics and interdependencies
- Define and analyze variances so you can quickly implement changes to meet your company’s financial objectives
- Develop and present a well-thought-out budget that will get buy-in
- Keep your plan on target with budgetary controls
- Learn the difference between operating budget vs. capital budget
- Address issues and challenges when dealing with assumptions and targets
- Organize and deliver your operating budget for feedback and final approval
- Obtain tips, guidelines, and recommendations for developing and presenting your budget
- Know exactly which variances to address to plan for next year’s budget
Who Should Attend
Managers and anyone with budget responsibilities who are interested in developing or improving their budget planning skills.
About the Instructor
William Kay is an instructor for Bloch Executive Education, and owner of W. Kay & Associates, dedicated to helping organizations and individuals enhance their competitiveness, productivity, and technological performance. For the past 24 years, Bill has specialized in assisting businesses in the quest to improve performance in the areas of strategic planning, finance and accounting, project management, marketing, sales and sales management, and team building following the accelerated learning model for adult learning. Bill’s professional experience includes over 20 years as CEO and owner of a major manufacturing company and the past 24 years helping major Fortune 500 companies and universities with organizational development and training. Bill holds an M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing from the University of Missouri, Columbia, and a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Arizona, Tucson.
Online Seminars All online seminars are hosted in real-time via. Zoom. Be prepared to participate with your class in discussion with your instructor. If you have not used Zoom or would like to learn more, please visit Getting Started with Zoom.
Scheduling All online seminars will be held across two-consecutive days from either 8:30-12:00 or 1:00-4:00 CST.
Pre-Course Communication Once registration is completed, you will be emailed a confirmation of enrollment. Two weeks before the session, you will receive an email with login details and additional details including any pre-work assignments (such as short readings or videos that instructors may ask you to complete prior to the session).
Course Recording Each online seminar is recorded and you will be given online access to these recordings. By attending the event, you are giving the Bloch School of Management permission to use your image should we create promotional or instructional material from the recorded session.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy Seminar participants (or their organizational representative) should call or email Bloch Executive Education in order to change or cancel registrations. Cancellations made prior to 7 days from the seminar date are eligible for credit towards a future seminar, but are ineligible for refund. Credit for future seminar is valid through the following seminar year. Seminar registrations may be transferred from one individual to another up to t7 days before any elected seminar. Cancellations made within 7 days from the seminar date are non-transferable and non-refundable. Bloch Executive Education reserves the right to make changes to the cancellation policy and transfer policy. The current policies will be posted on our website and will be observed regardless of previous policies or standards. “No-shows” are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Available Discount Programs
UMKC and Bloch Executive Education Alumni, Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS members, CX Central Exchange members, Saint Luke’s Health System employees, Heartland Black Chamber of Commerce members – you qualify for discounted seminar registration.
If any of the above categories apply to you, please contact us at email@example.com or 816-235-2892 to take advantage of discounted rates.