Before getting started, here are a few things you should know:
- Once you register for a course to earn graduate credit, the UMKC policies and procedures go into effect (fees, refund policies, etc.)
- After a semester is complete, you cannot retroactively earn graduate credit if you originally registered for non-graduate credit course
- If you are a visiting/community student earning graduate credit, you are limited to 6.0 credits per semester.
If you have any questions or need assistance applying, please contact MCNL.
Courses and Credits
- Organizing for Successful Fundraising (Core Course): 2.0 Credits
- Creating & Implementing the Annual Development Plan (Core Course): 2.0 Credits
- Contemporary Trends in the Nonprofit Sector: The Impact on Fundraising (Elective Course): 1.0 Credit
- Prospect Research & Proposal Writing (Elective Course): 1.0 Credit
- Strategic Boards with Impact: New Work & Challenges (Elective Course): 1.0 Credit
- Direct Marketing & Direct Mail in Fundraising (Elective Course): 1.0 Credit
- Planned Giving & Major Gift Solicitation (Elective Course): 1.0 Credit
- Measurement & Evaluation for Fundraising Success & Social Impact (Elective Course): 1.0 Credit
- Big Vision, Big Plans, and Big Money: Organizing and Executing a Capital Campaign (Elective Course) : 1.0 Credit
Interested In the Bloch MPA?
The Bloch MPA enables you to make a difference through public service. In our program, aspiring and working professionals develop skills that put them on a path to pursue a career filled with excitement, challenge and significance. This degree will give you the opportunity to shape the landscape of the healthcare, nonprofit and urban sectors, to be a leader in a dynamic world and to creatively address challenges facing our society.