- Community Compost Services, Kristan Chamberlain
We employ formerly homeless men and women to collect food waste from local area restaurants, schools, hospitals and other high volume food-producing organizations. The waste collected is then processed into a high-quality compost and sold to commercial and private consumers. Our goals are to support men and women on their journey to recovery through meaningful employment and to reduce Kansas City's greenhouse gas emissions by half by 2025.
- Rise Clinical Alliance, Megan Maciel
An innovative approach to the delivery of social work services in the primary care setting. Through our three-step model of intervention, we provide the necessary screening, psychosocial assessment and referral to resources for women who are experiencing Postpartum Depression. In partnership with providers of maternal and pediatric care, we are reducing barriers to accessing resources, which are available in the community for new mothers.
- The Aidan Project, Sarah & Mitch Kelly
A resource center serving families of children with developmental disabilities in the Kansas City area. The primary goal of the organization is to provide resources for families that do not qualify for state-funded early intervention services.
- Kanbe's Markets, Max Kaniger
- Secondary Trauma Resource Center, Julia Westhoff and Ashley Hufft
- Turn the Page, Jordan Frazier and Steven Van Auken
- No Changemakers
- Artists Helping the Homeless, Evan Absher, Josh Henges and Kar Woo
- Kim Wilson Housing, Jon Lecuyer and John Johntz
- Madam President Camp, Pam Kelley and Lee Smithson Burd