Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics Degree Requirements
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed for professionals, comfortable with quantitative data work, looking to enhance their technical and analytical skillset to support data-driven decisions and better solve business problems. Those who have two or more years of full-time work experience or recent graduates with clear career goals will be considered. Eligible candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in any major from an accredited university. Background in a STEM field is preferred.
Students in the certificate program will complete 12 credit hours across four courses; there are two required courses, two highly recommended courses, and additional elective options.
Business Analytics and Statistics (Or Equivalent Degree Course*)
Data Management and Data Mining for Business Analytics
Additional Elective Options
Marketing Research and Data Analysis
Customer Data Analytics
Data Analysis for Healthcare Managers
Decision Support Systems
*The certificate is offered to both current degree and non-degree students. For degree students, the certificate is available to anyone enrolled in a Bloch master’s degree program. Students not currently in a Bloch Graduate Program will take MIS 5507 – Business Analytics and Statistics. Current degree-seeking students take the first core course as part of their degree program as listed below:
- Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA): MIS 5507 – Business Analytics and Statistics
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA): DSOM 5509 – Business Analytics for Strategic Decision Making
- Master of Public Administration (MPA): PUB-ADM 5510 – Research Methods in Public Administration
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA): ACCTNG 5568 – Data Analytics for Accounting
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurial Real Estate (MSERE): RL-EST 5573 – Real Estate Feasibility and Market Analysis
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF): FIN 5560 – Financial Modeling
View UMKC Catalog.