Many leaders are promoted to leadership because they are amazing problem solvers as individual contributors. In fact, when asked, no fewer than half of all leaders say that they are ... Read more
Real Organizations, Real Challenges
The Bloch Strategic Leadership Program was created based on the premise that executive leaders learn most effectively by engaging hands-on in real challenges alongside their peers.
The Bloch Applied Learning Model
The Bloch Strategic Leadership Program is designed to create opportunities for the application of concepts, tools, and frameworks that are organized around themes designed to analyze and address complex business challenges.
Program Schedule at a Glance
Learn more about the program curriculum with the detailed, month-by-month, overview.
Bloch Design Works: A Project-Based Approach to Learning
Learning and incorporating design thinking is crucial to the success of the executive’s career. Throughout the process, participants will leverage a design thinking perspective to create relevant and timely business solutions for the customer.
Coaching for Results
The Bloch Strategic Leadership Program not only provides learning in the classroom, it also includes personalized professional development planning. Participants will work one-on-one with an executive coach to assess leadership competencies and style and develop strategies for continued personal and career development.
Who’s it for?
The Bloch Strategic Leadership Program is designed for experienced professionals who can commit three-to-four days a month to enhance their business strategy and leadership skills in the company of a cross-industry cohort. Those who would benefit from the program include:
- Managers and directors who are subject matter experts in their respective areas would benefit from gaining an understanding of the forces impacting their business and industry
- Those with limited experience researching and building business cases or who would benefit from learning advanced problem-solving skills
- Managers new to leading teams to become more innovative and adaptive
- Those seeking an advanced business leadership education without the commitment of a long-term business education or for those not seeking an advanced degree in business
What’s in it for me?
In addition to receiving a certification upon completion, there are a variety of benefits for both individuals and organizations.
- Develop a cross-industry peer network
- Hone essential leadership tools and skills
- Explore strategic innovation and problem-solving frameworks
- Apply learning through hands-on project work
- The opportunity to work one-on-one with an executive coach
- Develop your leadership talent
- Provide challenges for project-based work and receive actionable business solutions
What does it cost?
Time, Location, Parking
Classes will meet at the University of Missouri-Kansas City from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Bloch Executive Hall. Our address is 5108 Cherry Street, Kansas City, MO 64110. Parking is included in course fees and a parking pass for the first day of program will be mailed to you along with parking instructions.
Following registration, you will receive confirmation of enrollment and an email with details including any pre-program assignments.
Light breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided during each day of class.
Photo & Video Policy
By attending the event, you are giving the Bloch School of Management permission to use any photos, videos, or images captured on site for future promotional purposes.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Program participants (or their organizational representative) should call or email Bloch Executive Education in order to change or cancel registrations.
- Cancellations made prior to 30-days from the first day of the program are eligible for credit towards participating in the next year’s program or full refund.
- Cancellations made between 30-days and 14-days from the first day of the program are eligible for credit towards participating in the next year’s program, or a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made fewer than 14-days from the program start date are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Seminar registrations may be transferred from one individual to another any time up to 14-days before the first day of the program.
- “No-shows” are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Available Discounted Programs
If your organization is interested in registering more than one individual, you qualify for discounted program registration.
UMKC Alumni Pricing
If you are an alumnus of UMKC, you qualify for discounted program registration.
KCRAR Member Pricing
If you are an active member of the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS, you qualify for discounted program registration.
Contact us at email@example.com or 816-235-2892 to register for the Bloch Strategic Leadership Program and take advantage of these discounted rates.