by Dr. Nicole Price Many leaders are promoted to leadership because they are amazing problem solvers as individual contributors. In fact, when asked, no fewer than half of all leaders ... Read more
The Henry W. Bloch School of Management has partnered with the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® (KCRAR) to provide a variety of educational resources to REALTOR® members, including the UMKC REALTOR® Leadership Academy and discounts to our Bloch Executive Series.
UMKC REALTOR® Leadership Academy
Through classroom activity and hands-on learning experiences, participants will explore critical individual and organizational leadership topics through three core themes: Industry Context, Regional Leadership, and Practice Management. The program is led by instructors from across the UMKC network, as well as by community leaders and industry experts.
To add connectivity across class content, participants will work on team-based assignments throughout the course that will contribute to the development of a final class project.
- Monthly meetings hosted at UMKC
- Course materials included
- Event parking included
- A light snack, coffee, and lunch included
- The opportunity to work with experienced subject matter experts to hone your skills on the following topics
Industry Context: Months 1-2
Analyzing KCRAR’s role in the national real estate industry, exploring forces impacting the future of real estate markets and examining the role of advocacy, as well as the policies that shape the real estate market. Selected classroom topics include:
- Industry Trends and the Future of Residential Real Estate
- Policies that Impact Real Estate and the Role of Advocacy
- The Economy and Real Estate
- Change and Innovation in Real Estate
Regional Leadership: Months 3-4
Understanding the role of KCRAR in the greater Kansas City region, as well as the practices and politics of effectively engaging with government and civic organizations. Selected classroom topics include:
- KCRAR’s Regional Role
- Board Involvement and Civic Engagement
- Urban Studies and Community Development
- Influence and Leading Change
Practice Management: Months 5-6
Exploring essential leadership and business topics for growing both individual realtors and real estate practices. Topics include:
- Leadership Self Awareness
- Brand Development
- Team Engagement
- The Value of Human Resources Policy
Final Presentation: Month 7
In the concluding month of the program, participants will present their class projects to peers and leaders from across KCRAR. Presentations are followed by graduation where participants are welcomed to the UMKC alumni community.
Participants will complete half-day elective classes in-between program months in order to customize their learning experience. Topics include:
- Financial Management for Non-Financial Managers
- Personal Financial Planning
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
- Mastering Presentation Skills
Optionally, participants may participate in Bloch Executive Series workshops.
Registration is open to active members of KCRAR, but enrollment is limited. Applicants are required to pay a participation fee and complete a simple application form through KCRAR. Registration details will be made available when the next program is announced.
Bloch Executive Series: KCRAR Member Discount
KCRAR members are welcome to join any Bloch Executive Series workshop for $100 off the standard registration fee.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-235-2892 to register for seminars and take advantage of the discounted rate.