Ending Youth Homelessness in the Heartland
Kansas City, Missouri
September 12, 2017
8:00 - 5:00
Check-in and continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m.
Registration is closed. We will contact you if your name was added to the wait list and notify you as space becomes available.
We are pleased to invite you to the Heartland's first regional conference devoted to ending youth homelessness.
This free conference is hosted by the L.P. Cookingham Institute of Urban Affairs at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH).
Join national and regional experts in housing, education, employment, human services, physical and behavioral health care, and youth advocacy as we share lessons learned about preventing and ending youth homelessness. We will examine effective housing strategies, family strengthening practices, data and research methods, and approaches to system-level transformation during interactive panel presentations and engage in breakout sessions on education and employment, housing, prevention and intervention, leveraging community resources, youth engagement, and funding strategies.
Additional highlights of the conference will include:
- Empowering messages from young adults who have experienced homelessness, including members of regional youth advisory councils and advocates from the National Youth Forum
- Insightful keynote addresses from Jasmine Hayes, the Deputy Director of USICH (left), and Megan Gibbard Kline, the Director of A Way Home America (right)
- Lively Q&A sessions with national and regional thought leaders on prevention and intervention strategies and other topics related to ending youth homelessness
- Critical research, analysis, and technical assistance from HUD, the National Alliance to End Homelessness, USICH, and public universities in the region
- Inspiring encounters with fellow professionals and opportunities for networking and community building.
Space is limited to 200 participants, so please register at your earliest convenience to guarantee your spot in the conference.
We look forward to collaborating and creating solutions with you on September 12!
Panel Presentation and Breakout Sessions
You will have the opportunity to select the breakout session of your choice during registration. Please note that capacity is limited for each session. We apologize in advance if the session you wish to attend is full.
Area Hotels and Ground Transportation
Information about special rates is available on the corresponding page. Hotels are filling quickly, so be sure to reserve a room as soon as possible!
Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
4801 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110
Contact Damon Guinn of the Cookingham Institute at (816) 235-6710, or email@example.com.