Most of the forms you’ll need can be found here. If you don’t see the form you need on the list, please let us know. You’ll need Adobe Acrobat to download and view these forms.

Official UMKC Forms

Forms on the Office of Registration and Records website under Student Forms

  • Add/Drop Form
  • Application for Graduation
  • Declaration of Major
  • Petition for Academic Amnesty
  • Petition For Refund Exceptions
  • Request for GPA Adjustment (undergraduate course repeats)
  • Restrict Directory Information
  • Student Information Change
  • Term Withdrawal
  • Transcript Request
  • Traveling Scholars Program

Forms on the School of Graduate Studies website

  • Course Repeat Form (graduate)
  • Petition to Validate Coursework More Than Seven Years Old (graduate)
  • Request for an Undergraduate to Take a Graduate Level Course

Bloch School Forms

Independent Study Contract (All Degrees)

Please review the sample template before completing your request for an independent study (IS). The sample, particularly the responses to the seven open-ended questions, will give you an idea as to what is expected in a proposal.

A few helpful hints:

  • We strongly suggest that you complete the template in one sitting. Similar to other Internet templates, you don’t have the ability to “save your work” and complete the process at a later date.
  • Because of the need to generate a hardcopy document for signature, plan to input the necessary data at a workstation where you have access to a printer.
  • To allow for the production of a “polished document” (and an ability to save your work), we recommend that you draft and fine-tune responses to the seven open-ended questions in a Word document. You can then copy and paste the responses into the blank template.

To view a sample contract (PDF)

Independent Studies Learning Contract

Henry W. Bloch School of Management
5110 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO 64110

Linked In Youtube Twitter Facebook