Financial Leadership of Nonprofit Organizations Seminars
Financial Leadership: Using Financial Information Systems to Assess Organizational Financial Health
Date: April 26, 2018 (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Understanding Financial Leadership
- Balancing mission and money
- Cultivating financial leadership
- The organization as an interdependent set of programs and activities.
- The relationship between strong infrastructure and strong programs
- Setting a tone of financial accountability and transparency
- Evaluating financial leadership
Financial Information Systems
- Accounting practices
- Accounting systems
Reading Financial Statements and Using Financial Information to Assess Organizational Financial Health
- Identifying immediate financial strengths and weaknesses
- Identifying long-term financial strengths and weaknesses
- Considering whether stakeholders and other constituents perceive the organization as efficient and competitive
- Evaluating financial health
Fee Information: $195 per participant (Fee includes light breakfast, lunch and seminar materials)
Faculty: Lisa A. Gioia, CPA, MPA, Senior Fellow of the Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership.
Location: University of Missouri - Kansas City (UMKC) campus, UMKC 4747 Troost Building, 4747 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64110) (Room 210).
Full refunds will be given when cancellations are made at least five working days before the first class session. A $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from refunds when notification occurs fewer than five working days before class begins. No refunds will be made after the first session has begun.