Bloch Helping Hand Scholarship
Henry W. Bloch never wavered in his support for Kansas City, or in championing the people of his hometown. Following his example, the Bloch School and the Marion and Henry Bloch Family Foundation are helping Kansas Citians affected by COVID-19 begin the next step in their careers and lives.
First Semester Tuition Free
Thanks to the generosity of the Marion and Henry Bloch Family Foundation, the Bloch Helping Hand Scholarship provides Kansas City working professionals directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with free tuition (up to 9 credit hours) for their first semester in a Bloch graduate program.
Gain Immediate Access to all of Bloch’s Resources
Join the Bloch School and harness our full menu of resources: Career coaches, entrepreneurship mentors, social media skills builder and our deep connections to Kansas City’s business community.
- New applicants to a Bloch graduate degree program. Funding is also available for current graduate students.
- Applicants must meet the following COVID-19 impact criteria:
- Have meaningful economic loss within the family
- Have job loss, furlough, reduction in total compensation, sales decline or business closure
- Scholarships are only available to permanent residents of Missouri or Kansas. International students are not eligible.
- Scholarships are available for students attending/enrolled in the fall 2020 semester.
- Review and complete the online application, which includes a statement on how the pandemic has impacted you professionally.
- Once submitted, the Bloch Graduate Review Committee will review applications. The application must be submitted by August 1, 2020.
- Scholarships will be awarded after your acceptance into a UMKC Bloch School graduate program and applied as a tuition discount. If you haven’t started your admissions process with UMKC, visit UMKC Admissions to begin your application.