Organizations choose to provide full or partial sponsorship for several reasons:
- Prepare high potential successors for future leadership roles
- Develop business acumen for key leaders who do not have backgrounds in business (engineers, physicians, lawyers, information technology professionals, etc.)
- Provide a valuable benefit in the compensation package that returns significant value back to the organization
Bloch Executive MBA Employer Connection
Sponsoring organizations find they receive the greatest value from their commitment by remaining engaged with the Executive MBA program. Sponsor engagement benefits the sponsoring organization and the student, long after graduation. We provide opportunities for employers to connect with the program throughout the year, including:
- Individual Meetings between the sponsor, student, and Executive MBA Talent Development Director to define specific goals for the student during the program and find opportunities for the student apply learning immediately in the workplace.
- Sponsor Events to provide insight into the work that students are doing in the program, become acquainted with the faculty and staff, and learn how to get the most from you sponsorship.
- Program Updates sent via e-mail at the start and finish of each semester provide sponsors with an overview of the classes and projects their students are engaged with.
Our sponsoring organizations continue to confirm the competencies resulting from participation in the Bloch Executive MBA.
- Strategic thinking
- Innovative/Entrepreneurial thinking
- Cognitive development (including mental agility)
- Analytical ability
- Capacity to make sound decisions in the face of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Positive influence and persuasion
- Ability to learn from experience
- Delegation while managing tasks
- Enhanced emotional intelligence
Sponsorship in the Bloch Executive MBA is a major investment, and the selection process is critical to you and to the program. In selecting candidates, we recommend individuals with:
- A minimum of eight years of significant professional and experience
- Progressive responsibilities for either people, projects, or budgets
- Demonstrated ability or potential to grow the organization and grow with the organization
- Functional depth in one or two areas and the need for greater breadth and business acumen to tackle more complex, cross-functional challenges
- The academic aptitude to succeed
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university
The Bloch Executive MBA staff have the expertise necessary to assist your organization with developing appropriate processes for selecting candidates. For more information, please contact April Graham at 816-235-1396 or email@example.com.