Many leaders are promoted to leadership because they are amazing problem solvers as individual contributors. In fact, when asked, no fewer than half of all leaders say that they are ... Read more
With Bloch Executive Education coaching services, businesses and individuals can address their organizational and professional development priorities.
Why an Executive Coach?
Bloch’s experienced coaches bring a fresh perspective when working with an organization’s leaders. They listen, observe, advise and plan with an eye solely on what is best for the individuals being coached and the stakeholders they serve. Our coaches leverage the knowledge and wisdom they have gained from developing leaders across a myriad of organizations.
What Does Executive Coaching Include?
Working with you and your executive talent can take many forms, including:
- Assessment – Working with an internal HR associate as needed, assessment can take place in the form of any number of tools, including a 360-degree evaluation or strength inventory. As appropriate, the coach also may review recent performance and feedback regarding the individual being coached.
- Confidential Interviews – These are discussions with the client’s direct supervisor and other stakeholders. These conversations allow the coach to grow the client’s self-awareness and help identify goals.
- Regular Client Meetings – Coaching relationships typically last a minimum of 6-12 months; however, this is highly customizable. Initially, conversations between the coach and client should take place every 2-4 weeks and last 60-90 minutes. These meetings are designed to be confidential and supportive with the coach learning of the client’s professional goals, asking questions, challenging assumptions, providing resources, serving as a sounding board, and giving counsel where appropriate.
- Meeting Outcomes – The coach works with the client to develop the individual’s vision, goals and strategies. Together, the coach and client will create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) to increase the client’s influence and abilities and ultimately enhance personal satisfaction.
- Assessment of Progress – While respecting the confidentiality of client conversations, qualitative assessments of progress are provided to the organization. An additional client 360-degree evaluation should occur near the end of the coaching engagement.
How are Coaching Services Billed?
Fees for coaching services are assessed once the scope of the coaching engagement has been determined and an approach has been identified. Typically, one-on-one engagements are billed at an hourly rate with an agreed upon minimum commitment. Larger engagements are billed at a per-person rate. Alternately, a coaching retainer can be created in order to provide services on demand to your team and organization.
Select Bloch Executive Coaches
Bloch Executive Education features coaches both diverse corporate and academic experience.
Mike Allison, MPA
Adjunct Professor: Emotional Intelligence, Communication
Coaching Focus Areas: Executive Presence, Communications, Leadership Strengths
M.P.A., Brigham Young University
B.A., International Relations, Brigham Young University
Mike was most recently the Vice President of Learning and Development for AMC Theatres. Prior to joining AMC, he spent nearly 20 years at Cerner Corporation and three years with the City of Kansas City, MO.
Ann M. Hackett, Ph.D.
Chief Learning and Engagement Officer, Executive Coach
Coaching Focus Areas: Professional Development, Leadership Strengths, Team Building and Engagement
Ph.D., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Kansas State University
M.A., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Kansas State University
B.A., Psychology, Central Michigan University
Ann has more than 20 years of corporate leadership in organizational development and talent management, including work with Accenture, H&R Block, DineEquity and HumanRoot.
Dan Stifter, M.B.A.
Adjunct Professor: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Coaching Focus Areas: Professional Development, Strategic Thinking, Leadership Strengths
M.B.A., Marketing and Innovation, Marquette University
B.A., Political Science, Economics, Lawrence University
Dan specializes in leadership, change management and entrepreneurship. He has helped launch several new ventures as a founder, partner or advisor, including Stratex Solutions, Business Model Repair and BetaBlox. He has also held leadership roles with Hallmark, Coco-Cola and Jerome Foods.
Contact us using the contact form below to find out how an executive coach can help you and your organization.