Study international business in Barcelona and Madrid, Spain!
Spain in 2013
Professor Narbeli Galindo is a teaching instructor with an MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management. While at UMKC she has taught international management and finance classes. She has worked for Cerner, Sprint, AT&T and Warner Lambert.
Contact: Professor Galindo.
Dr. Fred Hays, Henry W. Bloch Missouri Endowed Chair in Financial Services, Chair, Department of Finance and Director of Bloch School Study Abroad Programs, has led study abroad trips for 19 years. He will also be leading the trip to London in 2013.
Contact: Dr. Hays.
Saturday, February 23, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Bloch room 8
Saturday, March 9, 8 a.m.-noon, Bloch room 2 (combined with London)
Saturday, April 13, 1-5 p.m., Bloch room 3
Saturday, May 4, 1-5 p.m., Bloch room 3
Located on the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is a tourism, cultural and economic center. Barcelona is also the capital of the autonomous region of Catalonia. Antoni Gaudi's unfinished church of the Sagrada Familia is a popular Barcelona landmark. Barcelona is home to six other UNESCO World Heritage Sites. A number of companies related to the European automotive industry, textiles and apparel are located in Barcelona.
Madrid, Spain's capital city, is the third largest in the EU. The city plays an important role in international commerce and is home to several popular art museums. Some companies with locations in Madrid include: the US Embassy, Bank of Spain, KPMG, Coca Cola and Dannon.
Students are responsible for the following program costs:
- $650 deposit* to be submitted with the program application. The deposit, less $100, is refundable until accommodations must be finalized (by February 1st). If an application is rejected, the entire deposit will be refunded. This deposit covers accommodations and some local transportation
- 3 hours tuition
- International airfare to/from Barcelona/Madrid
- Meals in Barcelona and Madrid
- Local transportation costs
- Miscellaneous expenses including entry fees to cultural sites
- Passport costs, if you do not have a passport already
- University-required HTH health insurance
*Due to currency fluctuations and rising prices, students may be required to pay additional funds prior to the trip.