Spain - Apply Now
Study international business in Spain this January!
Spain in 2014
January 11-17, 2014
Professor Narbeli Galindo, is a teaching instructor with an MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management. While at UMKC she has taught international business and finance classes. She has extensive experience living and working overseas in more than 25 countries.
Contact: Professor Galindo.
Dr. Fred Hays, Henry W. Bloch Missouri Endowed Chair in Financial Services, Chair, Department of Finance and Director of Bloch Global Study Abroad Programs, has nearly 20 years of experience leading study abroad trips.
Contact: Dr. Hays.
Saturday, November 16, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
One on-line session to be completed between meetings
Saturday, December 7, 1-5 p.m.
Saturday, February 15, 1-5 p.m.
Located on the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is a tourism, cultural and economic center. Barcelona is also the capital of the autonomous region of Catalonia. Antoni Gaudi's unfinished church of the Sagrada Familia is a popular Barcelona landmark. Barcelona is home to six other UNESCO World Heritage Sites. A number of companies related to the European automotive industry, textiles and apparel are located in Barcelona.
Madrid, Spain's capital city, is the third largest in the EU. The city plays an important role in international commerce and is home to several popular art museums. Some companies with locations in Madrid include: the US Embassy, Bank of Spain, KPMG, Coca Cola and Dannon.
Students are responsible for the following program costs:
- $700 deposit* to be submitted with the program application. The deposit, less $100, is refundable until accommodations must be finalized (around December 1). If an application is rejected, the entire deposit will be refunded. This deposit covers accommodations and some local transportation
- 3 hours tuition (this class will be part of the spring 2014 semester)
- International airfare to/from Barcelona/Madrid
- Meals in Barcelona/Madrid
- Local transportation costs
- Miscellaneous expenses including entry fees to cultural sites
- Passport costs, if you do not have a passport already
- University-required HTH health insurance
*Due to currency fluctuations and rising prices, students may be required to pay additional funds prior to the trip.