Academic advising is a central part of what the Bloch Student Services office does. It is how we help you stay on track and graduate!
Remember to check your UMKC email.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will not be allowed to register for classes if advising is required.
- New students at all levels must be advised before registering for classes.
- Continuing students must meet with an advisor as indicated below.
|Degree or Undergrad Level||Advising Required?||How Often?|
|Freshman||Yes||Required each semester before registration|
|Junior||Yes||Required each semester before registration|
|M.B.A.||New students||Required first semester before registration|
|M.P.A.||New students||Required first semester before registration|
|M.S.A.||Yes||Required each semester before registration|
|M.S.F.||New students||Required first semester before registration|
|M.E.R.E.||New students||Required first semester before registration|
The following degree programs are advised out of the Student Services Office:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (B.S.A.)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Science in Finance (M.S.F.)
- Master of Entrepreneurial Real Estate (M.E.R.E.)
- Business Minor (Bus. Minor)
- Entrepreneurship Minor (Ent. Minor)
Undergraduate students are assigned to one of three advisors by the first letter of their last name:
- Asia Williams advises students with last names starting A-F
- Susi Krulewich advises students with last names G-O
- Erica Hoffman advises students with last names P-Z
The primary M.B.A/M.S.F./M.E.R.E. advisor is Jewel Allers.
The following degree programs are advised by faculty in that department:
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) and Executive M.P.A.
- Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.)
The Bloch Student Services Office will begin advising after the schedule is released for a given semester. We recommend coming in for advising as soon as the schedule has been released to insure you have the broadest choice of classes.
During walk-in advising times, students may be seen by someone other than their assigned advisor.
|Day||Walk-in Times||UG Advisor on Duty*|
|Tuesday||9:00-11:00 a.m.||Asia and Erica|
|Tuesday||1:00-4:00 p.m.||Asia and Susi|
|Wednesday||9:00-11:00 a.m.||Asia and Susi|
|Wednesday||1:00-4:00 p.m.||Erica and Susi|
|Thursday||9:00-11:00 am||Erica and Susi|
|Thursday||1:00-4:00 p.m.||Asia and Erica|
*Note advisors may need to trade advising shifts to accommodate meetings and other duties.
Call 816-235-2215 to schedule an appointment. If you are an M.P.A. or M.S.A. student, please contact your faculty advisor for an advising appointment.
|Day||Appointment Times||Advisor on Duty*|
|Monday||9:00 - 11 a.m.
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
5 and 5:30 p.m.
|Erica and Susi
(5 and 5:30 p.m. Erica only)
|Tuesday||5:00 and 5:30 p.m.||Susi|
|Wednesday||5:00 and 5:30 p.m.||Asia|
|Friday||9:00-11:00 a.m.||Asia and Nancy|
Graduate Advising Hours
Advising for M.B..A, M.E.R.E. and M.S.F. students is provided by staff in the Bloch School Student Services Office.Â A variety of day and evening appointments are available and can be scheduled by calling 816-235-2215.
Students in the M.P.A. (public affairs) and M.S.A. (accounting) programs are advised by faculty.Â If you need assistance in identifying your assigned advisor, please contact the Bloch School Student Services Office.
These are the advising sheets the Bloch School uses. Your program is laid out on two pages.