Powerports Student & Alumni Registration
Bloch Powerports is restricted to current Bloch School students and alumni.
This is the Bloch School's annual opportunity for students and alumni to engage with employer representatives in a number of ways:
- Discuss career possibilities and potential career paths with accomplished employer representatives in FINANCE or MARKETING in a session with the Finance or Marketing CAREER EXPLORATION PANEL. Our Bloch Alumni Association has chosen these experienced Marketing or Finance professionals for you.
- Attend a thirty-minute SEMINAR led by employer representatives who share with you guidance and tips on common job and internship search issues. Choose from Mastering the Phone Interview, or What Do You Ask An Employer In An Interview
- Join 5-8 other students in our timed EMPLOYER ROUNDTABLES. This is your opportunity to learn about the employers' job or internship opportunities within their organizations, obtain insights to their organization's culture, pace, management practices, and simply to connect with a key recruiting decision-maker. Public Accounting students and alumni should choose MEET THE FIRMS roundtables to engage with public accounting firms.
- Receive constructive RESUME CRITIQUE in a one-on-one fifteen-minute session with an employer representative.
- Obtain tips for making your LINKEDIN PROFILE more job-market friendly in a one-on-one fifteen minute session with an employer representative
Choose as many activities as you like, but choose only one activity per time slot.
All students and alumni registered for BLOCH POWERPORTS by SEPTEMBER 12th receive the following:
- BLOCH POWERPORTS business cards with your name, email & phone contact info, degree program, and year of (expected or actual) graduation;
- BLOCH POWERPORTS business card folder;
- typed nametag with your name, degree program, and year of graduation;
- a Participant Guide emailed to you at least one week prior to the event that helps you prepare for a successful POWERPORTS experience.
- access to a deli lunch
Please feel free to contact us with questions:
Phone: 816-235-2209 - Dr. Pam Dobies, Director of the Bloch Career Network