IRS Tax Workshop for Small and Medium-Sized Nonprofit Organizations
This one-day introductory workshop is presented by experienced specialists from the Internal Revenue Service's Exempt Organizations Division and covers what 501(c)(3) organizations must do to comply with tax obligations and keep their tax exempt status. It is designed for administrators or volunteers who are responsible for or interested in the organization's tax compliance.
Note: This workshop is a one-day program that is offered on two separate dates.
- March 12 or March 13, 2014 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Registration and Breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
- Program starts promptly at 9 a.m./i>
Join us for an informational workshop on topics including:
- Tax Exempt Status - Definition of tax exempt status Types of exempt organizations Organizational and operational tests Benefits of exempt status Private foundations vs. public charity status Advance rulings Jeopardizing tax-exempt status Case study activity
- Unrelated Business Income (UBI) - Three parts of the UBI test Common examples of UBI Exceptions and modifications to UBI Gaming activities Form 990-T and Form 990-W
- Employment Issues - Independent contractor vs. employee Statutory employees and nonemployees Overview of employment tax forms Quiz
- Form 990 Series - Overview of the Forms 990, 990-EZ, and 990-N Tips on recordkeeping and answers to frequently asked questions Presentation of resources and tools available to exempt organizations
- Required Disclosures - Public inspection rules Disclosure rules Substantiation of contributions
Fee Information: The fee for the one-day workshop on either March 12th or March 13th is $50 (includes breakfast, lunch and one-day UMKC parking pass). Please contact us at (816) 235-5720 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this event.
New Location: University of Missouri - Kansas City campus at the 4747 Troost Building (4747 Troost Avenue, Conference Room 210, Kansas City, MO 64110 ).
Note: The workshop qualifies for 6 CPE credits for CPAs (Missouri and Kansas) and 6 CLE credits for lawyers (Missouri and Kansas). The IRS has also approved the workshop for 6 CE credits for Enrolled Agents.
For More Information: Contact us at (816) 235-2305 or email@example.com.