Real Estate Financial Spreadsheet Analysis Using Excel Software
Walter Clements, CRE, CCIM FRICS
University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Real Estate Cash Flow Analysis Model
- Definition and application of:
- Gross Present Value (GPV)
- Present Value (PV)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- How, when, why and where of the 7 most often used ratios of real estate analysis.
- Most popular metrics used by astute real estate investors to measure cash flows and compare. How to use metrics, when to use metrics and how to calculate them. When to use a Cap Rate as opposed to an Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Lenders financial metrics
- How much can be borrowed using debt coverage ratios and loan to value ratios
- Remaining mortgage balances, payment amounts, discounting paper
- Determine effective cost of funds when discount points are charged (APR)
- Choosing between various mortgage options
- Determination of discount rate for corporate borrowing on real estate
- How to use discounting to help a tenant choose between various lease options
- Beginning of period, Vs middle of period, Vs end of period discounting
Who Should Attend? - Real estate finance professionals interested in expanding their knowledge of financial concepts through the use of spreadsheet analysis.
CE Credits Approved:
Real Estate: MO & KS
Appraisal: MO & KS
Students must bring laptop with USB drive. Excel software, 2003 or later is required.
June 6th & 7th
Bloch School 5110 Cherry Street Kansas City, MO 64110
View Class Flyer for more information.