MBA Speaker Series
The MBA Speaker Series includes short seminars and workshops to help MBA students enhance their educational experience. These events cover a wide range of topics ranging from guest lectures given by business leaders on current economic issues to seminars on career development, soft skills, and how to use business software packages.
All students in the Professional MBA and Accelerated Professional MBA program are required to participate in a minimum of 3 MBA Speaker Series events during the course of their degree program. Students may attend as many events as they'd like, and many Speaker Series events (particularly guest speakers from the business community) are open to alumni and/or the general public.
Please note: New events will be added to this list as dates are confirmed. Check this page periodically for updates. If you have any questions about the MBA Speaker Series, please contact Robin Baer, MBA Programs Office Assistant, at email@example.com.
Summer 2017 MBA Speaker Series Events
Volunteer Opportunity at Harvesters
Saturday, June 17, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Harvesters - The Community Food Network
3801 Topping Ave., Kansas City, MO
Join the KC chapter of the National Association of Asian-American Professionals (NAAAP) for an afternoon of volunteering at Harvesters, the largest food bank in the KC area. You will help sort and package donations for distributions to food pantries across the region. You can learn more about the event on the registration page.
If you'd like to receive Speaker Series credit for attending, please e-mail Robin Baer at firstname.lastname@example.org afterwards with a brief (1 paragraph) summary of the event.
Building Blochs of the MBA Speaker Series
The Speaker Series, which builds and enhances the MBA program, has hundreds of participants each semester. To give you an idea of the range of topics covered by the MBA Speaker Series, please review the list of the events that have taken place in recent semesters:
- Icing the Competition: The Entrepreneurial Roots of Snow & Company
- Learn How One Entrepreneur Turned Metal into Art- L. William Zahner
- Getting the Most Out of Your Degree: Enactus and ACG
- Entrepreneur Hall of Fame Inductee- Terry Van Der Tuuk
- Entrepreneur Hall of Fame Inductee- Dan Lowe
- Gender Issues in the Workplace: What Really Matters
- Coffee with Danny O'Neill, 2015 Regional Entrepreneur of the Year (Entrepreneur Week)
- Volunteering at Harvesters regional food bank
- Financial Leadership Panel at UMB Financial Corporation headquarters