What is PASA?
PASA is the Public Administration Student Association, and it is the only student group for graduate students in the Bloch School of Business and Management. We are open to any M.P.A., I.Ph.D. or MBA student in the Bloch School with an interest in networking events in the Kansas City community.
PASA's purpose is to engage students academically, professionally, and socially in the study and practice of public administration through educational and service based networking events.
From the first New Student Orientation to the graduation ceremony, PASA is here to encourage, celebrate, and enrich the graduate student experience in the Bloch School through purposeful programming and networking events.
Throughout the school year, PASA:
- Welcomes New Students - PASA officers make a presentation at each New Student Orientation about upcoming social and networking opportunities available and hosts a meet and great to get to know professors and other students over pizza.
- Creates Community Service Opportunities - PASA reaches out to other local universities including Park and Rockhurst to network with Public Administration students while serving the Kansas City Community through community service events.
- Provides Networking Opportunities - PASA partners heavily with the Greater Kansas City chapter of ASPA (American Society for Public Administrators).
- Hosts an Alumni Panel - Each year, PASA's most important event is a professional panel that hosts UMKC MPA alumni in each emphasis area: Nonprofit Management, Urban Administration, and Health Services Administration. These alumni share their insights and how they used their Bloch degrees to achieve success in a friendly, fun, and social atmosphere.
- Other Events - PASA members are the movers and shakers of the M.P.A. student body, and can be found at a myriad of special events including receptions for new faculty members, ASPA luncheons, and various department sponsored graduation parties.
- Attend events
- Attend meetings
- Join the PASA listserv. New subscribers can add themselves to the list by submitting the online form at http://listserv.umkc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=PASA&A=1
- Talk to any member of this year's PASA board
Follow PASA on Facebook: Become a follower of PASA on Facebook. Facebook members can also search for "UMKC PASA". Click on the "like" tab to become a follower.
PASA invites you to join them at any (or all) of their bi-monthly meetings, held on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month, from 6-7 PM, in the Bloch School's 3rd floor Cookingham Conference Room.