Kansas City - A Place for People Going Places
Kansas City is buzzing with positive energy. There's an active music scene; professional baseball, soccer and football; museums galore; a burgeoning tech presence; and blazing-fast Internet speeds - Google Fiber chose Kansas City for its first installation.
The UMKC campus is in the heart of the city, an easy walk from the upscale shops and restaurants of the Country Club Plaza. Other exciting neighborhoods include the fun and funky Crossroads Arts District, with eclectic galleries, coffee shops and eateries. Downtown has been revitalized by the Power & Light entertainment district, the world-renowned Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and the Sprint Center. Loft living is popular here, in rehabbed and new buildings.
The exciting business and cultural developments in Kansas City have been featured in several recent publications:
- Inside Kansas City's goal to become 'the smartest city on planet earth'
- 49 Reasons to Love KC Right Now
- Kansas City is THE Place to Be
- Millennials Going to Kansas City, to Live and Work
- Kansas City is Building America's Most Entrepreneurial City
- Sports Greatness Final Piece of Kansas City's Puzzle
- Kansas City: A Downtown Renaissance
Learn more about cultural events, careers, neighborhoods, dining, and entertainment from the Kansas City Area Development Council.