Thank you for considering the Intensive Full-Time MBA program at the Bloch School of Management. We are looking for talented professionals who have strong communication skills and a compelling record of professional achievement. Because students in the Intensive Full-Time MBA will complete their degree in half the time of a traditional 2-year MBA program, it is very important for applicants to have clear career goals and be ready to begin their job search immediately upon enrolling in the program.
UMKC is currently in the process of launching a new online application system. We expect the new application for fall 2018 admission into the Full-Time MBA program to be available by October 1, 2017. Detailed application instructions will be posted here by that date. In the meantime, to review the essay questions and documents necessary to complete the Full-Time MBA application, click the plus sign (+) next to "Admissions Criteria" below. If you have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-235-6869 during regular business hours.
Fall 2018 admission deadlines
Round 1: November 10, 2017
Round 2: January 10, 2018
Round 3: March 10, 2018
Round 4: May 10, 2018
The admission committee encourages students to apply in the first 3 rounds. All application materials, including GMAT scores and transcripts, must be submitted by the deadline in order for applications to be reviewed.
The admissions committee considers the following factors when reviewing applications:
- Work experience. All applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience after completing their bachelor's degree. Most strong candidates will have between 3 and 7 years of work experience upon entering the program. The committee will look for evidence of career progression and professional achievement.
- Academic record. Most admitted candidates will have a solid to outstanding record of academic achievement. The committee will consider applicants from all academic majors.
- GMAT or GRE scores. To be considered for the program, applicants should have a minimum score of 650 on the GMAT, or the equivalent on the GRE (you can use this link to convert GRE scores to GMAT scores). Most admitted students will score between 680 and 740 on the GMAT. Tests must have been taken within the past 5 years, and the committee will not waive the GMAT/GRE requirement under any circumstances.
- IELTS or TOEFL scores (international candidates only). International applicants who have not earned a university degree in the US are required to submit results from the IELTS or TOEFL. For the Intensive Full-Time MBA program, a minimum overall band score of 7.5, with no section below 7.0, is required on the IELTS. On the TOEFL, a minimum score of 100, with no section lower than 22, is required. These requirements are more stringent than for many other degree programs at UMKC due to the intensive nature of the program.
- Essays. Applicants are required to submit 3 essays when applying to the program. The committee will evaluate candidates' writing skills as well as the content of their answers.
- References. We do not require letters of recommendation. Instead, we ask you to list two references whom the admissions committee can contact with questions about your candidacy. Your references should be people who have supervised you or have worked closely with you in a professional capacity. If you do not wish to notify your current supervisor that you are considering leaving your job to attend school full-time, you may use former supervisors or other professional references instead. Under no circumstances should you list relatives as professional references.
- Interview. The committee will contact strong applicants to arrange an on-campus or Skype interview after all admissions materials have been submitted. Interviews are evaluative and will be considered in the final admissions committee review process.