Successful applicants have a minimum of six to eight years of significant work experience coupled with a record of progressive management responsibilities.
Applications for the program starting in August 2015 are due no later than June 1, 2015. The Bloch Executive MBA Admissions Committee will only review completed applications. A completed application includes the following components:
1. Completed online Bloch Executive MBA Application
2. Application Fee
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. The fee can be paid online, by check, or by money order made out to "UMKC Bloch Executive MBA Program". The application fee is non-refundable.
The application form and fee must be submitted in order to begin the formal admissions process.
3. Current Résumé
4. Official Transcripts
Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended should be sent directly from the college or university registrar to the Bloch Executive MBA Program Office. If you attended a college or university under a different name, ask the registrar to note the name change on your transcript or in a letter. It can take many weeks for an official transcript to be delivered by mail. Official transcripts may also be emailed from a college or university registrar to email@example.com.
5. Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit two letters of recommendation. Please request one letter of recommendation from a current business associate such as your manager, supervisor, CEO, or a member of your company's Board of Directors. Your second letter should be from another business associate, such as a previous supervisor, a peer or subordinate, or an executive outside your company who knows your work well. We will not accept letters from personal friends or former professors.
Your recommenders should comment on the following:
- Length of time the respondent has known you and under what circumstance.
- Detailed description of the effectiveness of your job performance.
- Skills you have demonstrated on the job in projects and assignments.
- Your potential as a manager.
- Your leadership capabilities.
- Qualities that you will bring to the program and the class.
- Any additional comments about your potential for success in a rigorous graduate program of study.
All recommendations should be submitted on company letterhead and addressed to "To Whom It May Concern". The letter should include the signature, as well as the phone, fax, or email address of the recommender.
Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender to our office via email, mail or fax.
6. Admission Statement
The length of your admission statement should be at least 500 words.
In your admission statement, please address:
- Your personal and professional goals and how the Bloch Executive MBA program can help you achieve those objectives.
- The strengths and experience you could bring to the program and how they will add value to the learning of your fellow students.
Your application materials can be submitted all at once or one at a time. The application form and fee must be submitted in order to begin the formal admissions process.
Bloch Executive MBA Program
Attention: Admissions Committee
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Henry W. Bloch School of Management
5110 Cherry Street, BEH Suite 417
Kansas City, Missouri 64110-2499
- The Sweetest Comeback in the History of Ever!
POSTPONED: This event is postponed until the fall. Date to be announced.
Click Here to Register