Successful applicants have a minimum of six to eight years of significant work experience coupled with a record of progressive management responsibilities.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Class size is limited. The Bloch Executive MBA Admissions Committee will only act on completed applications. (A completed application means our receipt of the seven application components listed below.)
1. Completed Bloch Executive MBA Application
2. Current Résumé
3. Official Transcripts
Official transcripts from each college or university attended must be sent directly from the college or university registrar to the Bloch Executive MBA Program Office (address below). If you attended a college or university under a different name, ask the registrar to note the name change on your transcript or in a letter.
4. Letters of Recommendation
Your letters of recommendation are key in evaluating your application. You are required to submit two letters.
Please request one recommendation from a current business associate such as your manager, supervisor, CEO, or a member of your company’s Board of Directors. Your second letter should be from another business associate, such as a previous supervisor, a peer or subordinate, or an executive outside your company who knows your work well. Avoid letters from personal friends or former professors. Information from people who have worked with and for you is requested.
For your recommendations, ask those selected to comment on the following:
- Length of time the respondent has known you and under what circumstance.
- Detailed description of the effectiveness of your job performance.
- Skills you have demonstrated on the job in projects and assignments.
- Your potential as a manager.
- Your leadership capabilities.
- Qualities that you will bring to the program and the class.
- Any additional comments about your potential for success in a rigorous graduate program of study.
All recommendations should be submitted on company letterhead and addressed "To Whom It May Concern". The letter should include the signature, as well as the phone, fax, or email address of the letter writer.
Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the letter writer to our office (address and fax below).
5. Your Admission Statement
Your essay (minimum 500 words) helps the Admissions Committee understand you and your motivation for applying. In that essay, please address:
- Your personal and professional goals and how the Bloch Executive MBA program can help you achieve those objectives.
- The strengths and experience you bring to the program and how they will add value to the learning of your fellow students.
6. Application Fee
There is a non-refundable $50.00 application fee. The fee can be paid online (link below), by check, or money order made out to "UMKC Bloch Executive MBA Program". The application fee is non-refundable.
The application form and fee must be submitted in order to begin the formal admissions process.
Bloch Executive MBA Program
Attention: Admissions Committee
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Henry W. Bloch School of Management
5110 Cherry Street, BEH Suite 417
Kansas City, Missouri 64110-2499
The required materials listed above can be submitted all at once or one at a time. The application form and fee must be submitted in order to begin the formal admissions process.
Pay Application Fee Online