Next Class Begins August 2017
Final Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
Successful applicants have a minimum of six to eight years of significant work experience coupled with a record of progressive management responsibilities.
The Bloch Executive MBA Admissions Committee will only review completed applications. A completed application includes the following components:
1. Completed online Bloch Executive MBA Application
When the online application is complete, a link to the Executive MBA Supplementary Application portal will be automatically generated within 24 - 48 hours and sent to you via email. See instructions below for completing the Supplementary Application.
2. Application Fee
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. The fee can be paid online, by check, or by money order made out to "UMKC Bloch Executive MBA Program". The application fee is non-refundable.
The application form and fee must be submitted in order to begin the formal admissions process.
3. Supplementary Application
Upon completion of the online application, a link to the Executive MBA Supplementary Application portal will be automatically generated within 24 - 48 hours and sent to you via email. Complete the Supplementary Application and upload your resume and admissions statement.
4. Current Résumé
Upload your current résumé in the Supplementary Application portal.
5. Admission Statement
The length of your admission statement should be at least 500 words.
In your admission statement, please address:
- Your personal and professional goals and how the Bloch Executive MBA program can help you achieve those objectives.
- The strengths and experience you could bring to the program and how they will add value to the learning of your fellow students.
Upload your admission statement in the Supplementary Application portal.
6. Official Transcripts
Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended should be sent directly from the college or university registrar to the Bloch Executive MBA Program Office.
If you attended a college or university under a different name, ask the registrar to note the name change on your transcript or in a letter. It can take many weeks for an official transcript to be delivered by mail. Official transcripts may also be emailed from a college or university registrar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit two letters of recommendation.
Please request one letter of recommendation from a current business associate such as your manager, supervisor, CEO, or a member of your company's Board of Directors.
Your second letter should be from another business associate, such as a previous supervisor, a peer or subordinate, or an executive outside your company who knows your work well.
We will not accept letters from personal friends or former professors.
Your recommenders should comment on the following:
- Length of time the respondent has known you and under what circumstance
- Detailed description of the effectiveness of your job performance
- Skills you have demonstrated on the job in projects and assignments
- Your potential as a manager
- Your leadership capabilities
- Qualities that you will bring to the program and the class
- Any additional comments about your potential for success in a rigorous graduate program of study
All recommendations should be submitted on company letterhead and addressed to "To Whom It May Concern". The letter should include the signature, as well as the phone, fax, or email address of the recommender.
Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender to our office via email, mail or fax.
Your application materials can be submitted all at once or one at a time. The application form and fee must be submitted in order to begin the formal admissions process.