Ending Youth Homelessness in the Kansas City Region by 2020
This portion of the Cookingham Institute's webpage is devoted to ending youth homelessness in the Kansas City region and the nation by 2020. This webpage will be updated regularly with information on our region's efforts to make this policy goal a reality.
December 12, 2016 Council on Youth Homelessness Organizational Meeting
The Cookingham Institute hosted a meeting of community stakeholders on December 12, 2016, to discuss the merit, structure, and scope of a proposed Kansas City Bi-State Council on Youth Homelessness. The presentation and other materials from that meeting are provided below.
- Nancy Thoma, Administration for Children & Families, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: A Council on Youth Homelessness: Supporting the Kansas City metro area in ending youth homelessness by 2020 (PDF).
- Administration for Children & Families and Cookingham Institute of Urban Affairs: The Kansas City Bi-State Council on Youth Homelessness: A Framework for Collaboration (PDF)
- Administration for Children & Families and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: Proposal for a Bi-State, Regional Kansas City Council on Youth Homelessness (PDF Draft, October 13, 2016)
July 18, 2016 Policy Summit Presentations
Download copies of presentations made at the Cookingham Institute's Policy Summit on Ending Youth Homelessness in the Kansas City Region by 2020 here.
- Robert Pulster, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness: National Overview of Youth Homelessness (PDF).
- Nancy Thoma, Administration for Children & Families, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: Youth Aging Out of Foster Care and Street Youth Report (PDF).
- Anne R. Williamson, PhD, Cookingham Institute of Urban Affairs, Department of Public Affairs, Henry W. Bloch School of Management, University of Missouri - Kansas City: High School Homelessness in the Kansas City Region (PDF).
- Sarah Hunter, Policy Advisor, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: Youth Homelessness: Developing an Array of Models for Ending Youth Homelessness (PPT).